Five weeks into the year already? I’m sorry, how did that happen?

This is my Project Life layout for the past week:

Project Life: Week 5 Layout

Project Life: Week 5 Layout

I love this picture of Sara Paige and Kate. They’re such little ladies!

Jan29

We celebrated Brad’s grandparents’ 60th wedding anniversary!! Talk about inspirational.

Jan30

I started my Chemistry class.

Jan31

The girls played in my makeup and looked like “fancy princesses” when they were done.

Feb1

A water pipe burst after a freeze. We have to pull up all the hardwood floors and replace them. Ugh. I’m praying it will all be done by the time Harper arrives. 8 months pregnant and renovations does not sound like my idea of fun.

Feb2

On a brighter note, two newborn hats I ordered for Harper from Etsy came in the mail! I cannot WAIT to put them on her in the hospital :)

Feb3

Brad and Kate on their way outside to play in the snow with neighbors. Sara Paige lasted about 10 minutes.

Feb4

And that sums this past week up! Things areĀ berserkĀ over here right now so I’ll try to check in before next week’s Project Life but may not be able to.

Have a wonderful week,

Jenny

15 thoughts on “Project Life: Week 5

• February 8, 2011 at 2:18 pm

Would you mind sharing the Etsy seller? Thanks!

• February 8, 2011 at 7:55 pm

I love chemistry. You had a busy week. Thought I would see those flooded house photos in there. Keep that scrap book going. Cheers from Val.

• February 8, 2011 at 9:04 pm

Your girls are absolutely adorable! I love the hats for your new baby and Harper is such a cute name:) Ughh for having to redo your hardwood floors and being 8 months pregnant at the same time I can’t imagine!! Thanks for sharing your week with us!

• February 8, 2011 at 9:27 pm

I am curious about the Chem class….is it a leisure class or are you going back to school? I know you were a teacher, so I am just curious. Sometimes, I think I need something to stimulate my brain. After I quit teaching, I feel like I am not getting any smarter staying home all day.

• February 8, 2011 at 9:38 pm

Your photos are just wonderful!! And your album is looking just fantastic. I am still waiting for my kit!!

• February 8, 2011 at 9:40 pm

I just love your style you have & those borders/words on your photos – very cool pictures and I love the idea of taking pictures of your project life so far – I think I’ll do that for next week to show on mine – that’s something fun so people can see how it’s turning out – I get to enjoy it but no one else really does yet! Great page!!

• February 9, 2011 at 7:48 am

Loved the update…especially the photo of your girls and the makeup…they are so focused and serious and the camera angle was really cool! Hope the flooring goes down smoothly and quickly for you…I cannot imagine juggling family, pregnancy, school AND home renovations…yikes! Me? I have time on my hands since evil boss had HR let me go at 4:00 p.m. Monday when he was in California….no explanations…nice eh? I SO wanted to be the one to kick HIM to the curb…sigh…hopefully an offer comes through soon from my interviews I’ve had. I’ll keep ya posted. :O)

• February 9, 2011 at 1:31 pm

So sorry about the pipe burst. :( 8 months preggo, 2 little girls…not cool. Love your pics this week!

• February 9, 2011 at 1:52 pm

Hi, Jenny! I wanted to share a great website with you that also has those awesome beanies! http://www.theribbonretreat.com has them for just $3.99! Lots of prints, and sizes for infant as well as a toddler to tween size for Kate!

• February 10, 2011 at 2:29 pm

I am curious about the Chemistry course too. Is it a 5 week course? How are you going to manage finishing it, with the birth so close?

• February 10, 2011 at 2:30 pm

And I love the idea of the one a day pic. Not sure I could do it b/c it seems like you really would have to stay on top of it. How manageable does it seem to you so far?

• February 10, 2011 at 10:16 pm

Hi everyone! Thanks for your comments. The Chemistry class is a 15 week course so it goes until the end of May (Harper is due the first week in April). I just started a Biology class too that is 8 weeks. I’m getting my pre-reqs done by the summer so I can apply to nursing school, which starts in Jan 2012. The science classes are actually online (through the University of Texas at Arlington). That’s who the accelerated nursing program is through, as well. I have labs just like a normal classroom and have to scan in my handwritten results to be graded. It’s definitely different than anything I have done before but so far I am really pleased. I took two non-science 5 week online courses before the holidays (Intro to Professional Nursing and Technical Writing) with UTA and both went very well. There just isn’t a way we can pay someone to watch the girls while I go to school, so I do it from home after they are in bed. It works well for me and I can work ahead. So I’m trying to make it where I don’t have to do much the week I have Harper. Let me know if you have any more questions about it, I’m happy to share my experience.

Kerry – so far the picture of the day has been manageable. There have been a few days at 9pm or so where I go “Crap!! Where is my camera?! I need a picture!” But I try to keep it in the kitchen so I can grab it when we leave the house and it’s always right there.

Jenny

• February 14, 2011 at 4:01 pm

I love this post! I wish I could make the time to be better about taking pictures!! I think its great that you are doing so much and yet still have time to do the project life!! Good job momma!