Old Maid’s Ramble
Size: 12″ finished
Difficulty Level: Not hard in and of itself, but only make this when you are feeling patient!
Block Type: Square
Cut (5) dark green 4 1/4″ squares
Cut (5) white 4 1/4″ squares
Cut (3) light green 4 1/4″ squares
Cut (1) dark green 7 1/4″ squares
1. Cut all squares twice on diagonal. Set aside 2 dark green small triangles and 1 light green small triangle. You will not need these.
2. Sew a small light green and dark green triangle RST along short end. Press and repeat.
3. Sew 2 pieces RST.
4. Sew white triangles RST to top and bottom.
5. Sew white triangles RST to sides.
6. Sew a white triangle RST to a small dark green square along long edge. Repeat for a total of 8 squares.
7. Sew a white triangle RST to a light green square along long edge. Repeat for a total of 8 squares.
8. Sew a dark green triangle RST to another dark green triangle along short edge. Repeat for a total of 4 half square triangles.
9. Sew 4 squares RST like top picture and 4 squares RST like bottom picture.
10. Sew a row RST (with square from step 5) like photo below.
11. Sew large dark triangles RST to sides of pieced square ( from step 9 ).
12. Sew pieced dark triangles RST to top.
13. Repeat steps 11 and 12 to create another unit.
14. Sew units from step 12 RST to step 10 unit.
15. Sew pieced dark green triangles RST to corners.