I figured some of you may want to make a custom t-shirt, especially with holidays coming up. I made a video tutorial to show you how to create a unique shirt using freezer paper as a stencil! The possibilities are endless :) Here’s what I show you how to make:

And here’s the video tutorial:

Thanks for looking!

SewSignature

Tagged on:

12 thoughts on “Video Tute: Create a Custom T-shirt With a Unique Stencil Design

• September 10, 2009 at 3:04 pm

Jenny – Loved the tute! You are so talented and creative. I’m stealing your Martha McKinney’s idea and starting a craft group of my own. This month we’re making your wreaths. Can’t wait! :)

• September 10, 2009 at 3:10 pm

That is too cool and easy! I absolutely cracked up with the cute Martha picture in all the shots! I’m finally getting around to painting my daughter’s little cubby shelf this weekend. I’ll send ya before and after pics when we’re done! Woot Woot for craftiness…you get the gold star today!

• September 10, 2009 at 7:40 pm

So cute and easy!! I’m totally off to buy everything I need tomorrow to make my candycorn shirt :)

ps… Good thing Martha was around to make sure everything went smoothly. What would we do without Martha? Oh and I’m going to sign up for Marthas this month – yay! Just haven’t gotten around the paying – will do hopefully tomorrow!!

• September 11, 2009 at 2:23 pm

What a great project! This is something my kids and I can do together! The perfect accessory would be some cute little felt bat snap clips! Just use your stencil to cut the bats out of felt, and accent with some stitching or some little wiggle eyes!

• September 11, 2009 at 8:21 pm

Amber – great idea to embellish it! Thanks :)

• September 15, 2009 at 11:46 pm

Awesome video and everything! You are great on camera too!!! I also LOVED the Martha pic in every scene! Great trademark. Ha!

• October 12, 2009 at 11:55 pm

I LOVE your tutorials!! Thank you so much for taking your time to put these up! I made your nap mat over a year ago and I am making my daughter an incredible costume for Halloween. The stenciling will be PERFECT for the symbol on the from of the outfit!! Thanks again!

• October 13, 2009 at 1:12 pm

Jenn, I’m so glad you have found the tutorials useful!! Thanks so much for letting me know :) I’d love to see you stenciling.

• October 14, 2009 at 11:21 pm

So I made the Incredibles symbol and it turned out decent! It was a little tricky putting 3 different colors against each other and trying to cut the stencils exactly the same. I had so much fun doing it though and I would love to do the bats. I couldnt find the print out you used. Can you tell me how to find them or any other good ones?

• February 11, 2010 at 1:22 pm

Hey Jenny,

Another question for you …. do you think I could use my cricut to make and cut out stencil? Was wondering if you have tried it. I would use the freezer paper instead of cardstock. THANKS!

• February 11, 2010 at 7:06 pm

Wendy, I got my cricut after this tutorial and have used vinyl to cut out a stencil. Then I used the vinyl directly on the shirt instead of freezer paper. Works great!

I haven’t tried to cut freezer paper with the cricut but I’m sure with the right pressure and speed settings it could work.