She's here! She's here! She's here! Sara Paige Garland made her debut at 1:52pm at Centennial Hospital in Frisco, TX. I could not be more thrilled with the service and knowledge of the labor and delivery nurses here by the way! I totally recommend delivering here.

We got to the hospital at 10am this morning after driving very slowly on icy roads. I had my epidural at 10:45am and Pitocin at 10:50am. At 11:10am, my doctor came in to break my water and I was 5cm dilated. After that I contracted, dilated, etc quickly and all the sudden it was "go time!" I pushed for three contractions. The baby's umbilical cord was loosely wrapped around her neck but thankfully my fab doctor was able to quickly unravel her before she experienced distress. I delivered at 1:52pm (only three hours of labor, I wish that for everyone) and Sara Paige scored an 8, then 9 on her Apgar scores. She weighed in at 7 pounds 11 ounces and 20.5 inches long. Her hair is very dark, almost black, like Brad's and right now she has blue eyes like me!

Since Sara Paige (that's what we're calling her by the way, both names) was doing so well, we got to keep her in the room with us for an hour to cuddle and feed before Brad went to the nursery to watched her first bath. That was really meaningful for us to have some time together right away.

She is such a sweet girl and has the cutest, poutiest lip. We think she looks a LOT like Kate. Soon I'll do a side-by-side comparison so you can see for yourself! Kate was 8 pounds and 20 inches at birth, so they were pretty close in size.

My mom, Brad's parents, my sister in law Jenna, and Kate came up to visit this evening (my dad's out of town on business). Kate brought Sara Paige a birthday present: the cutest lovey named "Purple Pink Bunny" and a plush, pink blankie. What a thoughtful sister! Thanks for helping Kate pick out the cute present, Mimi and Poppy! I made sure Sara Paige had a gift for her big sis too: a stuffed animal Kate named "Giraffe Garland" and some purple cool girl shades (thank you Target dollar aisle)! Kate was super excited to meet her "sisser" and enjoyed tickling Sara Paige's teeny weeny toes.

I of course will upload a million pictures (probably starting tomorrow) but for right now I'm going to cling tight to my newest blessing and thank my lucky stars for another darling, healthy little girl.

Thank you all soo, soo much for thoughts, well wishes, and prayers. We are extremely lucky to have you!

3235195734_d1b2c2b1e7_o

PS … Isn't this necklace the sweetest? I ordered it a few months ago and now I finally get to wear it :)

More updates soon!

Love,
Jenny

10 thoughts on “Allow me to introduce you to our sweet baby girl, Sara Paige

• January 28, 2009 at 8:10 pm

Congratulations! I’m so glad you had a great experience. She is beautiful and I can’t wait to see more pictures. (And pictures of Kate with her!) I’ve seen that necklace dozens of times and love that I know (well, kind of know) who’s it is. Rest, and enjoy these special days with your newly expanded family. :)

• January 28, 2009 at 8:17 pm

I love her name… didn’t know it was together, but I think I love it more. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the necklace! I actually asked for one very simular for Christmas, but didn’t get it… but I think cupid might be brining it to me for Valentines day :)

• January 28, 2009 at 9:30 pm

Yay!! That is so exciting!! And, your birth story gives me great hope for my 4 weeks from now! :) We delivered at Centennial last time and had a good experience as well! Where was Kate delivered? We are so happy for your growing family! Congrats!

• January 28, 2009 at 11:41 pm

Thanks, everyone :) Katie – I delivered at Plano Presby with Kate and had a good experience there as well. Centennial was just much closer to us this time and my obgyn delivers at both, so we chose here :) I just had a friend deliver at Baylor Frisco and said it was MARVELOUS!

• January 29, 2009 at 1:21 am

Ohhh, Jenny – your little girl is just beautiful! What a wonderful experience you seem to have had in your little family! I have no doubt that Kate is going to be the best big sister! Enjoy your foursomeness – congratulations to all of you! Love your necklace, by the way! :)

• January 29, 2009 at 6:27 am

I LOVE her name and she is such a beautiful baby. Congratulations to all of you!

• January 29, 2009 at 7:27 am

Goodness she is a cutie-pitootie just like her big sister! You have a beautiful family and I’m so happy for you all! Your necklace is very neat indeed as well! Enjoy this special time and her name is lovely…thanks for keeping it normal unlike those crazy celebrities!

• January 29, 2009 at 11:19 am

Congrats!! Yay for double name babies…I just had a Margaret Grace 5 weeks ago and everyone keeps asking if we are calling her Maggie. Nope..Margaret Grace. Hug that little angel, they grow so fast. Mine already has chubby cheeks and a double chin!!

• January 29, 2009 at 12:24 pm

Rory, your comment cracked me up! We already have lots of people calling her “Sara” and not “Sara Paige.” I’m hoping it works itself and I don’t want to be a nag but I so feel ya!